Tuesday 14 January 2014

52 WEEK MONEY SAVING CHALLENGE!!!




After the kinna gangsta Christmas I had last year, money has been playing heavily on my mind all day of this new year!!!

 I'll be the first to admit that I need to up my financial IQ, infact, let me just admit that when it comes to financial intelligence I should be put in baby class.


So you can imagine my glee when on my usual blog crawl I stumbled on the 52 week challenge on Natural Nigerian Blog. You can find out more about it here.

What I like about this is that it is so doable, this weekly deposits are easily affordable and the final figures impressive but with the kind of person that I am, I am afraid that I may not make it to the last hurdle so I spent some time in thinking of how to make it work for me.

I've decided to turn the whole saving plan upside down so that I can get the bigger chunks of money saved up early in the year. The way I figure it is that at the beginning of the year people tend to have stronger resolves and more commitment to righting the wrongs of the previous year but as the new year builds up, life happens and wills weaken, so I guessed it'll be a good idea to take advantage of the new year zeal to quickly build up my savings.

I also believe that by quickly building up an impressive balance, there'll be more motivation to go on with the plan for the rest of the year.

I'm in on this already and as Natural Nigerian said on her blog, you can add as many zeros as you want to the weekly deposits and balances if you feel you can afford it.

It'll be wise to print this out, paste it somewhere visible and check the boxes after you have made a deposit.

I see a richer you at week 52!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are like rays of sunshine to me. Please brighten up my day ;)