Tuesday 25 June 2013

CHOOSING TO TRUST GOD


The Lord Is My Shepherd
Psalm 23.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.
 

 Life happens and even the very best of men face situations that are waaay bigger than them.
Daunting tasks, losses, deadlines, life threatening situations, embarrassments, mental blocks, circumstances that defy all known solutions or even deadlocks!
We all go through them and I am no different - even though sometimes I want to believe that I am the only one in the entire universe facing challenges, but the truth is everyone has their issues.
When life happens, as it sometimes will, I choose to turn to God, after all He is my heavenly Daddy and which little girl doesn't know that daddies are for running to in times of trouble?
It is always comforting for my to know that God has got my back in every situation. Although I must admit here that I sometimes treat Him like a genie, passing on my requests and expecting Him to work His magic - INSTANTANEOUSLY!!!
My family is currently faced with a challenge which seems to me to be of gargantuan proportions - Yeah, yeah, I do like to exaggerate at times, don't we all?
Anyways, we are faced with a deadline which is fast approaching and absolutely have no inkling of how to sort things out - a very scary matter o!!!
Trust me, the Naija mama in me have prayed all the prayers I know how to pray, I've added night vigils and fasting to the matter even speaking in tongues sef and then, just as I was reminding the Holy Spirit this evening about the matter - AGAIN, He laid Psalm 46:10 in my mind:
 
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
 
"BE STILL"??? Surely God must know that I thrive on activities. Certainly that wasn't the response I was expecting. I wanted instructions, gimme something to do Lord!!!
But according to my husband, perhaps God is just waiting till I have exhausted all my options before He shows up on the matter. After all didn't He say that He will never share His glory with any man and isn't it written that His strenght is made perfect in our weakness.
My DH also reminded me that lifeguards don't usually rush in to save drowning people whilst they are still trashing about in the water, they usually just hang around till the person starts to show signs of weakness before moving in to help.
My prayer point now is "God , please help to be still", to rest in confidence that you have my best interest at heart and will do good concerning me.
I will have faith in His faithfulness.
 
 

Aunty Mo.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are like rays of sunshine to me. Please brighten up my day ;)