Sunday 10 August 2014

EXTRAVAGANT PRAISE!!!

 Yay people, It is the month of August - our month of Extravagant Praise!!!

Image Credit: all-free-download.com
To be honest, when I first heard, in church, that it is our month of Extravagant Praise, my initial reaction was - "huh"? My mind went straight to my 2014 goals and how I've been yet to accomplish much of my set objectives this year.

But guess what?


Praise is not a 'because of affair', it is an 'inspite of affair'.
We praise people for what they have done for us but we praise God because of who He is. Our circumstances can never diminish God, we do not measure God by our circumstances. God will always be God irrespective of what I own or how much I am able to accomplish.

Habakkuk 3:17 - 19 (MSG) states it well:

 

 Though the cherry trees don’t blossom
    and the strawberries don’t ripen,
Though the apples are worm-eaten
    and the wheat fields stunted,
Though the sheep pens are sheepless
    and the cattle barns empty,
I’m singing joyful praise to God.
    I’m turning cartwheels of joy to my Savior God.
Counting on God’s Rule to prevail,
    I take heart and gain strength.
I run like a deer.
    I feel like I’m king of the mountain!

God is still God in spite of our unmet expectations and targets. He know better that we do and He makes grace available for when we need it.

We all have a lot to be thankful for, if you think of it and here is my top 10 list of praise worthy stuff right now.

  • That I and anyone I know have not been quarantined or incarcerated in anyway. 
  • For every meal I and my family eat. Lately I been so conscious of the fact that having no food or access to food is a possibility. There are hordes of people in our society who cannot afford to buy food. Each meal I eat has become so precious that I'm always so grateful for it.
  • Good health of every member of my family. It wasn't until one unnecessary visit to the doctor's that I realised how healthy we have been. It took them so long to locate our case file whereas before, the file was always at the top, due to the frequency of our visits then.

  • For Protection. When I think of the state of our roads and the erratic way people drive in this country, going out and coming in safely each day is a big deal. 

  • For my salvation. Sometimes I just stop to sing:

"I no know wetin I do wey make you love my so".
If I die today, I know I'll go to heaven.

  • For my spiritual growth. I may not be where I want to be but for sure, I am not where I used to be. This year I have walked closer with God and received many revelations.
  •  For shelter, especially in this rainy season. Yesterday, my husband told me about a young lady he had met - a graduate of microbiology she said she was. This young lady had approached him begging to be allowed to sleep in the premises of an uncompleted building he is working on.
  • For the mistakes I made and the lessons I've learnt about life, humanity and relationships. God allowed me to make those mistakes knowing that I come out bigger, better and stronger as a result of the lessons each would deliver.
  • For my senses and mental faculties that are intact and functioning well. We often take for granted the fact that we can see and hear. My children played a game blindfolded last week which made us all recognise that sight is a very special gift indeed.
  •  And of course for my family. In the words of my daughter: "I have the 'bestest' family ever"!!!

 So people, where are your praise report?

AUNTY MO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are like rays of sunshine to me. Please brighten up my day ;)